Mini Vintage Village

Mini Vintage Village
To order, click on image

Friday, June 22, 2012

New Photos of My Vintage Village Designs

I am updating my photos of the Vintage Village Designs. The photo at the top of the page is of my "mini village." Here are the individual pieces that make up the mini village. I will soon have a website where you can order my sculpted miniature village designs, either by paying through PayPal, or by sending me an order by mail. For now, you can order through Saloma's website by clicking the photograph at the top of the page, or by clicking here.

New England Country Church
The mini Country Church, inspired by the many steepled churches that are cradled in the valleys of Vermont and New England.

Vermont Covered Bridge

This design was inspired after the floods in Vermont that destroyed or damaged so many of their unique covered bridges. 

Salt Box Design

The design of my Salt Box is inspired by the Prentis House at the Shelburne Museum. I knew this building intimately when I was the Project Manager there. We upgraded the utilities to make it a safe public space and the museum curators and I reinterpreted the interior spaces.
 
English Barn

This design is modeled after the early English Barns found all over New England. These early barns were constructed in bays of three. The center bay was used for thrashing grains, with the side doors open so the wind could carry away the chafe. The cupola would have been added in later years.
 
Cape Cod Style House

The Cape Cod design can be found all over New England and New York. It's a basic timber frame and most likely built by early settlers. This classic design has a full first floor with a smaller space on the second floor.

Village Train Station

This is another design inspired by the train station at the Shelburne Museum. Note the overhang on the roof that was designed to shelter travelers from the weather.

One-Room Schoolhouse

The one-room schoolhouse evokes nostalgia for many of us. It reminds us of a time when school children attended their local country schools and they all knew one another. There were usually a bank of windows in these schoolhouses, designed to allow natural light in. 

1 comment:

  1. They are all very nice pieces...I especially like the church...blessings

    ReplyDelete